07 November 2006

The Sharif Don't Like It

Caveat: very little has happened since Wednesday. Friday I went to Andorra with some girls (and a guy) to shop but it's really only good for booze, perfume, and electronics, most of which I already have. It's essentially a resort town but we had a good Spanish lunch (2 hours) and I'm sure it'd be great to ski/snowboard if you're looking for new places to winter. Sadly, I do have to admit that we went to McDonald's there. Apparently, the international ones are far superior to the US ones. The one in Rome in the train station had West Elm-ish furniture and decorations, similar to what I would want my apartment to look like. The ones in Andorra, and hopefully all of Spain, have this delicious gelati amb cafe parfait that costs 1 Euro. It is almost as good as the heavenly caffe parfait that I had in Rome: sweetened espresso granita sandwiched between layers of whipped cream. Que rico.

I did all the work that's immediately due after spending Saturday cleaning/napping/finally getting my airline tickets. Well, before you get all impressed and shit, I cleaned my room because we have a maid to clean the apartment weekly. Saturday night, a bunch of us went to a really cheap (13 Euro) but good Japanese buffet that serves food on a conveyor belt. This concept would never work in the US due to the fact that A) all-you-can eat usually sucks because B) people in the US really eat all they can. The food was comparable to my favorite sushi place on the UES (Ichi ro) and it was the first time I was actually full/verging on stuffed after a meal in Barcelona.

Today, I spent 2 hours figuring out what classes to register for next semester since I have to take 10 classes over the 2 mods. Tomorrow, I leave for Morocco with some other exchange students! But before I can do that, I have to present in front of my design class and I hate (am scared to death of) presenting. The topic? Leveraging user design to build brand loyalty. Scintillating, I know, but we have enough You Tube clips and a "design your own Nike Shox" feature to minimize actual talking time.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I thought of you this past weekend as I was in London and wondering if you were perhaps there visiting Mark (obviously you were not). I love reading your blog as it (kind of) reminds me of my time studying abroad in Amsterdam! -- Staci