01 November 2006

Siempre Una Fiesta

Last night was Halloween and, feeling uninspired, I half-assed it and went native. Dressing up as a Barcelona girl basically means wearing 80s clothes and a mullet. And smoking and saying "Vale" a lot. I have no idea who this guy in the picture is but he's fucking hilarious. So we danced until 4am and I slept from 6am-1pm because today is another holiday! It's All Saints Day and also the Catalonian elections as well as the day I should be finishing my Zara case that's due tomorrow and reading other cases and starting my other papers. And calling Citibank to find out why my credit card doesn't work and the travel agency to find out why my tickets to Morocco for next week haven't arrived yet. I should not be blogging and contemplating a siesta. Did I mention that Spain has made me uber lazy? It's funny because, apparently, Catalans are the most industrious of all the Spaniards too. This is why my career aspirations have devolved from having a fancy job in NY to selling Estrella on the beach in Barcelona. Just kidding. Or am I?


Not much has happened since I got back except for getting a cold. I somehow managed to spend 100 Euro at H&M last Friday and have also convinced myself that a shopping daytrip to Andorra this Friday is a good idea. I found protein bars at Decathalon and they are prohibitively expensive but chocolately delicious. I have basically given up on eating Spanish food and am currently OD-ing on quesadillas and pasta. This now necessitates going to the gym regularly. If the store were open today I could buy eggs or something for protein. Friday night was a Halloween party where the host unsuccessfully tried to enact a game of human Uno. Saturday I went to my first real live soccer match. Barça is actually good and the fans are actual fans and both of these factors make it actually fun to watch soccer. They played a shitty Spanish team (Barça won 3-0) but the stadium, which I think is the largest in continental Europe, was stilled packed. I worked on my Design Management project with a friend Sunday because the professor is important enough not to have to actually teach but have the students present each week. That's the weirdest thing about b-school here: there's a guest presenter every lecture for half or most of the class. One of my classes includes 2 field trips in lieu of class. Not that I'm complaining but it's ridiculous how much time people spend on the web because of this--way worse than at MSB. There's not a lot to live vicariously through me this week but I must, I must, I must do all my work by the end of this weekend. As soon as I finish reading this week's New Yorker in bed.

3 comments:

NYHH said...

What is Vale?

I love how many holidays you have there, and how much sleep you get :)

I love this week's New Yorker.

neighborsgrrl said...

Vale is "A-OK!" Think of the English word, validation!

Chinita -- it sounds like your party was pretty cool. I went to one this week as well, and it's slightly depressing when you walk in to an alumni party and realize that you're not the youngest one there anymore. Anyway, I made my own skeleton costume (see my blog) for the picture. Ciao!

Anonymous said...

xDude, you went to a Barca game? They're like one of the most popular pro teams in the world! I'd kill to get my hands on those tickets!